Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Unidentified Family Members with Doc and Edna Gailey

I have recently discovered this photo again and realize that the man kneeling in the front is my grandfather, Doc Gailey, and my grandmother, Edna, is the woman standing beside the man in back on the right. My mother, Vernelle Gailey, is the little girl in front on right, her youngest sister, Irene Gailey, in Doc's lap and mother's twin, Maedelle Gailey, on the left.



I wonder if the other man and woman is Edna's uncle, Rufus Puckett and his wife, Lula Bennett Puckett, on the left. There is a picture of Lula with a hat on standing in front of an Indian blanket. The blanket is identified on the back in someone's cursive writing as being "Indian Blanket - Hot Pink, Tan, Brown." Dunno. It's posted in the Rufus Puckett picture album. Notice the child in back with same kind of hat?


My cousin in Chickasha, Oklahoma, wrote: “Judy, I think the man standing in the back is the same man as the one standing in the back center of the Puckett picture I sent you with Uncle Harve and Aunt Alice in it. Like you, I am wondering if he might be Uncle Rufe Puckett. If this is Uncle Rufe in the background, maybe the other children could be his children. Sure wish we could find one of their descendants to join our family page!”



I wanted to attach this picture of my mother, Vernelle, and her twin sister, Maedelle. It appears it was taken the same day as the first photo. Notice they had on the same shoes!


2 comments:

Greta Koehl said...

Hmmm ... I don't recognize any of the people in these pictures from the old photos I have, although the lady in the cloche hat could be someone from my Mom's photos.

(I think we should do a joint submission for "Smile for the Camera.")

Judith Richards Shubert said...

That sounds great, Greta! Let me know what you have in mind.

Judy

Homsley Reunion, Seymour, Texas

Homsley Reunion, Seymour, Texas
RECOGNIZE THESE HOMSLEY MEN? CONTACT ME - judyshubert@yahoo.com
Copyright (c) 2014 by Judith Richards Shubert