Saturday, March 14, 2009

Death Notice of James Dolphus Gailey - 1898 - 1976

James Dolphus "Doc" Gailey
November 8, 1898 - October 6, 1976
Mineral Wells, Texas

Mineral Wells, Texas Index

GAILEY James D. Gailey, 77

Funeral services were held for James D. "Doc" Gailey, 77, Saturday, Oct. 9, 1976. Rev. Kenneth Richardson officiated and the interment was held at Newberry. Baum Funeral Home was in charge.

Mr. Gailey was born on Nov. 8, 1898 in Parker Co. He was a member of the Baptist Church and was a retired Trucker contractor. He died on Oct. 6, 1976 in Mineral Wells.

He is survived by 3 daughters: Vernell Rowbury, Pocatello, Idaho; Maedelle Carlyle, Clovis, New Mexico; Irene Stone, Mineral Wells; 1 sister and 6 grandchildren; 11 great grandchildren.

Pall bearers were Luther Woods, Clyde Barnwell, E.H. Ames, J.D. Cornelius, Melvin Munro, and Aubrey Morris.

Transcribed from a yellowed newspaper clipping found in scrapbook of his daughter, Irene Gailey Stone in 2001.

6 comments:

GrannyPam said...

I just love that picture. It tells something about the subject.

Judith Richards Shubert said...

The picture is one of my favorites, Pam. It shows a young man full of love for his family and others. He was a gentle soul and I miss him even today.

JoLyn said...

What an awesome photo. I can't help but think that someone will run across this entry sometime and find it's the person they are looking for...How are you related to him?

Judith Richards Shubert said...

He is my grandpa. I went to live with him and my grandma when I was ten. He was the sweetest man on earth, along with my father and my uncle Raymond! He was my mother's father. Thanks, JoLyn, for your sweet comments.

JoLyn said...

I'm so glad to know - every once in awhile there's a picture that just says so much. This is one of them!

Taylorstales-Genealogy said...

What a wonderful picture, thank you for sharing!

Homsley Reunion, Seymour, Texas

Homsley Reunion, Seymour, Texas
RECOGNIZE THESE HOMSLEY MEN? CONTACT ME - judyshubert@yahoo.com
Copyright (c) 2014 by Judith Richards Shubert