Randy's challenge reads as follows:
Provide a list of your paternal grandmother's patrilineal line. Answer these questions:
- What was your father's mother's maiden name?
- What was your father's mother's father's name?
- What is your father's mother's father's patrilineal line? That is, his father's father's father's ... back to the most distant male ancestor in that line?
- Can you identify male sibling(s) of your father's mother, and any living male descendants from those male sibling(s)? If so, you have a candidate to do a Y-DNA test on that patrilineal line. If not, you may have to find male siblings, and their descendants, of the next generation back, or even further.
- My father's mother was Willie Laura Homsley, born June 21, 1894 in Klondike, Delta Co., Texas
- Willie's father was Obediah Black Homsley, born July 6, 1863 in Pickwick, Hardin Co., Tennessee
- Obediah's father was William H. Homesley, born July 6, 1825 in Hardin Co., Tennessee
- William's father was Joseph Homesley, born in England
Willie Laura Homsley had two brothers:
- Obediah Black Holmsley, Jr. born and died November 12, 1902 in Poolville, Parker Co., Texas
- Robert Adrian Homsley, born September 12, 1904 in Peaster, Parker Co., Texas
Thanks, Randy. This gives me a starting point for my next research of this part of my family.