Sunday, July 19, 2009

Alabama Governor Bob Riley responds to Concerns

Several bloggers have posted about the destruction of an Indian Mound in Oxford, Alabama. See mine below at Indian Mound Destruction in Alabama. I took Ginger's suggestion and wrote to the City of Oxford and to Bob Riley, Governor of Alabama. I have not had a response from Oxford but I got a letter from the office of the Governor on Friday. It can be read below.

and

Sam's Club responds to Ginger. See her post at Deep Fried Kudzu.

July 13, 2009

Dear Mrs. Shubert,

Thank you for your e-mail regarding your report of efforts to disturb or destroy an historic Native American Indian mound in Oxford, Alabama.

I have forwarded your comments to Mr. Frank White, Executive Director of the Alabama Historical Commission, for his review. I am confident that Mr. White and his staff will evaluate your concerns and take any appropriate or available action. Should you have additional comments or questions, please contact Mr. White at (334) 230-2642.

Again, I appreciate you sharing your concerns with me. If I can be of assistance to you in the future, please feel free to contact my office.

Sincerely,
Bob Riley
Governor (Alabama)

1 comment:

Laury said...

Please help to save the Sacred Mound by signing this petition and inviting your friends too:

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/3/stop-the-destruction-of-a-sacred-indian-mound

Homsley Reunion, Seymour, Texas

Homsley Reunion, Seymour, Texas
RECOGNIZE THESE HOMSLEY MEN? CONTACT ME - judyshubert@yahoo.com
Copyright (c) 2014 by Judith Richards Shubert